Alopecia areata is a type of hair loss which is mainly caused due to the immune system attacking hair follicles.
For Alopecia Areata causes and treatment are many. And there are plenty treatment measures available in the medical field for this.
The hair fall due to Alopecia areata occurs very suddenly on both the scalp as well as other parts of the body. Usually, Alopecia does not result in complete baldness, Neither it doesn’t prevent hairs from growing back.
The exact amount of hair loss and the amount of hair that grows back varies from person to person.
These are no complete cure for Alopecia so far. But several treatments are available which prevent hair fall as well as those which stimulate hair growth.
Here are few guidelines for Alopecia areata causes and treatment
Causes of Alopecia areata
Alopecia areata is a disease that causes hair fall so frequently. The main cause of this disease is when the immune system attacks the hair follicles which results in hair loss. This leads to sudden hair loss on the scalp and other parts of the body. It is a type of an autoimmune disease.
Symptoms of Alopecia areata
Sudden hair loss is the only noticeable symptoms of alopecia areata. This happens unexpectedly.
The extent of the hair loss and hair growth may vary from person to person depending on certain aspects.
And in some cases, doctors do have to perform lot more tests to diagnose alopecia areata.
- Also read How to treat head lice naturally
Diagnosis for Alopecia areata
Usually, to diagnose alopecia areata a closer look to the affected area would be enough.
However, doctors sometimes perform some tests to make sure the diagnosis is correct. Proper diagnosis is needed to prescribe treatment for this disease. Few diagnostic methods are:
- Scalp biopsy: To perform scalp biopsy a part of the scalp are sent to labs for testing. Only after the test a confirmation is made if he/or she infected by alopecia areata.
- Blood test: Depending on the type of disorder the doctor suspect him/her to have, the blood samples of the patients are made to test. Doctors will analyze the result of the blood samples to confirm that you have alopecia areata.
- Also read: 10 natural way to clear acne
Treatment for Alopecia areata
There is no complete cure for alopecia areata. But we can treat and prevent this issue to some extents.
Treatment may help to reduce future hair loss And help the hairs to grow back in the affected areas.
- Medications: Use of medicines like corticosteroid creams can help stimulate hair growth. Corticosteroids are anti-inflammatory drugs for such diseases. There are plenty of other cosmetics and medicines available in the market. As we recommend you to try out Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil or Hair For Sure Hair Management Treatment for stimulating hair growth.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation can also a good option for treating Alopecia areata. Radiation therapy uses a combination of ultraviolet light and oral medication to promote hair growth.
- Other methods: Acupuncture, vitamins, and herbal supplements are some other ways of promoting hair growth and treating alopecia areata.
- You might also like Why walking benefits 10x times better than running