We are living in an era of smartphone, laptops, and internet. To make life smarter we might be spending most of our day in front of laptops or smartphones. And we may not be aware of the harms of such practices to your eyes. One of the serious issues is dry eye. In this article, you could find causes of eye dryness and few traditional effective home remedies for dry eyes
Watch the video to on how to cure dry eyes naturally, With 5 effective home remedies, Well if you prefer to read scroll down.
Eye problems caused by the prolonged usage of smartphones can be prevented to a good extent by adopting proper medical prescription and a healthy diet.
Causes of Eye dryness
Eye dryness is mostly caused when we take more time to blink our eyes, also when we strain our eyes in front of laptops or smarts for a longer time. The fact is we sometimes may forget to blink our eyes.
Prolonged viewing of smartphone screen can reduce the normal eye blink rates and reading the small letter on your smartphone screen put stress on your eyes. This may gradually lead you to computer vision syndrome. It’s a condition of fading your eyesight.
Here are few home remedies for dry eyes
- Cook Navara rice, wheat and Lentil /Dal. After cooking eat with butter added to it. Including this in your diet once a week is very good for eye health.
- Include leafy foods like spinach, Moringa oleifera, kale and Boerhavia diffusa in your daily diet. Eating leafy foods benefits you eyes in many ways.
- Eat Eggs, nuts, beans, grains and other protein sources. Non-meat protein sources are a better choice for eye health.
- Eats fruits like pomegranate, grapes, and oranges. If you prefer to drink juice with these fruits, adding honey would be a great choice.
- Eating bird meat is good for eyes, especially chicken meat. While cooking meat don’t make it over spicy.
- Carrot is a vegetable which is best for eye health and improving vision. Beta-carotene (a type of vitamin A) content in carrot helps the retina and other parts of the eye to function well.
- According to traditional medication caring and protecting your feets is important for eye health. You need to consult with an ayurvedic practitioner for detailed prescriptions on this. Anyways they recommend keeping feet clean. And using Mulla oil to massage your feets is good. Make sure you do this with the advice of a traditional medical practitioner.
- Sprinkle clean and pure water into your eyes. This will help you to uplift your eyes from weakening and clean dust or dirt particles inside your eye. Make sure you do this with clean hands and pure water, or else this can make things worse.
- Have a good time for sleeping. Using smartphones for a long time overnight can reduce the Melatonin level in the brain. This can lead to insomnia (inability to sleep) and other psychological issues.
- There are ayurvedic eye droplet medicines available in the market like elaneer kuzhambu and nayanamrutham. Using those daily will give your eyes a soothing sensation, will improve eyesight and cure eye dryness.
- Ayurvedic treatments like shirodhara and nethradhara can also be adopted for treating eye dryness. These treatments are only to be done after consulting with an Ayurvedic Doctor.
Prevention is better than cure
Most of the health issues related to eye a result of modern lifestyle. Smartphone and computer are becoming an essential part of out daily life routine. It is inevitable to exempt those from our daily use.
The only thing we could do is to take necessary precautions to protect our eyes and limit their usage. Apart from that, you can practice the above-mentioned home remedies for dry eyes.