We all used to have beetroot in our daily diet right? If not make sure to include some in your diet at least a week, considering its numerous health benefits. Beetroots is a vegetable with nearly no cholesterol and less calorie. Apart from that, it is very rich in minerals like various kinds of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Many kinds of research have proven the health benefits of beets.
The latest research has proved the Health benefits of including beets in our diet. One among the prominent proven benefits of beetroot is, it improves heart health.
11 Health benefits of beets
1. Beetroot has the ability to make the blood flow easier. It contains nitrate which when reached inside the body becomes nitric oxide. Nitric oxide has the ability to expand the heart valves to and in turn, makes the blood flow easier.
2. The fiber content in beetroot help to reduce cholesterol and it contains HDL (High-density lipoproteins) cholesterol or good cholesterol which itself is good for health. Peoples with high HDL has a lower risk for heart disease, And peoples with low HDL are higher prone to heart diseases.
3. The fiber content in beets supports to eliminates excess LDL cholesterol (Low-density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol from the body. LDL particles if increases in higher amount have a risk of leading to cardiovascular diseases
4. Nitrates content in beetroot has the ability to build and repair muscle tissues. This property will help to make your heart muscles stronger and healthier.
5. It maintains blood pressure (Hypertension). Medical researchers show that drinking 1 cup of beetroot juice per day can reduce blood pressure level to a good extent.
6. In most diabetic patients defects in their nervous systems are found. Beats contain alpha lipoic acid which has the property to repair issues with the nervous system.
7. Betanin is a pigment which gives beetroot its red color. It is an excellent antioxidant.
8. Apart from that, it contains lots of nutrients like folate, potassium, vitamin-c, vitamin b-6, iron, zinc, and carbohydrates.
9. Beetroot leaves have the ability to increase healing process of wounds.
10. Phytonutrients, which is a compound found in beetroots help fights against cancer-causing microorganisms.
11. Beats help to boost Your Stamina. Having a cup of beet juice prior to a workout can make you active throughout the workout schedule and enables you to extend the workout schedule duration.