Dark discoloration of under arms is usually not a disease or serious medical condition. However, it is an embarrassing situation, especially for ladies who often wear sleeveless clothes. To get rid of dark discoloration of under arms there are lots of cosmetics available in the market, claiming quick or instant results. But beware that the also comes packed with side effects as well. Better use natural ways, continue reading, and we will show you how to get rid of dark underarms naturally fast.
What cause discoloration of under arms?
Dark underarms are usually formed due to the skin’s exposure to certain elements. In addition, some of the common causes of dark underarms are frequent shaving, regular use of hair removing creams, dead skin cell accumulation, excessive sweating, poor ventilation to underarms, and use of alcohol based deodorants and antiperspirants.
Also, there are medical conditions which cause discoloration of under arms, which is known as acanthosis nigricans. This medical condition is often associated with insulin resistance, obesity, hormonal disorders, certain medications, and cancer. If your dark underarms are caused by these conditions, We highly recommend that you must consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Well, whatever may be the cause lets see how to get rid of dark underarms, using some of the simple home remedies, which are safe, effective, natural and affordable too.
- Also read: How to get clear and glowing skin Instantly
How to get rid of dark underarms naturally fast?
1. Bleaching with Potato
Potato is a great natural bleaching agent, it contains an enzyme called catecholase, which help to reduce dark spots, blemishes and acne scars. It does not irritate your skin since it is mildly acidic in nature, So it is safe when applied to sensitive skins as well.
Method of application
- Take half piece of a potato, and cut few thin slices from it.
- Rub it around your underarms for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave it for about couple of minutes, and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Grate a potato and squeeze out its juice.
- Apply this juice to your underarms using your fingers or cotton ball.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply either of these home remedies twice a day for best results,
- You could see your underarm skin getting lightened as you do this consistently.