For many of us, feet are probably the most neglected organ in our body. Dry or cracked feet are a sign of lack of attention towards your feet. And for many many women, it is one of the worst beauty concern.
The problem of heels getting cracked gets worse as we get older, because aging cause the fat pad on the bottom of your foot to get replaced with callouses. And it is a problem which will not go away unless you take necessary measures. Well don’t worry, we will show you how to heal dry cracked feet naturally.
What Cause Cracked Heels Or Feet?
Our feet often become dry when there are no oil glands to moisturize the feet. This dryness causes cracks on the feet. Furthermore, overexposure to pollution, lack of moisturization, and some medical conditions such as eczema, diabetes, thyroid, and psoriasis can also lead to dry and cracked feet. Also, wearing backless shoes which don’t support the heel, or letting the skin get very dry and calloused can cause your feet to crack.
To get rid of cracked heels you may approach a skin specialist who will prescribe you with various medications and cosmetics. Using them is quite effects as well. But sometimes these chemical made products can cause side effects later. For those who want to avoid any such side effects completely, we recommend sticking to natural remedies.
Watch the video for a quick solution natural to cracked heels. Or read further, to know how to heal dry cracked feet naturally with the use of few simple home remedies.
How To Heal Dry Cracked Feet Naturally?
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera soothes dry and dead skin. It heals the ridges and cracks that have formed, and increase collagen synthesis. Furthermore, the amino acids present in it are responsible for the skin-softening action. Repeat this every night for four to five days, and you will notice a vast difference in your feet.
Directions of use
- In a foot bowl take lukewarm water and soak your feet in it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pat dry your skin and gently apply aloe vera gel on your feet.
- Wear socks and leave the gel on your feet overnight.
Also read: Best Shampoo For Hair Fall Control
2. Epsom Salt
It is very important to take a bit of extra care to keep your heels moisturized if you have cracked heels. Epsom salt or sea salt soak is quite effective at keeping your feet moisturized, as well as improving the blood circulation. Soaking your feet in Epsom salt will keep the skin of your feet soft and also soothes tired feet.
- Take a foot bowl filled with warm water.
- To this add 1-2 cup of Epsom salt.
- Soak your feet in this solution for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a pumice stone gently scrub your feet for 10 minutes.
- Later, pat dry your feet and apply any foot cream or petroleum jelly. This will lock in the moisture and prevent dry out.
- You may also put on a pair of socks to further prevent moisture from evaporating.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a week until your feet become soft.
Also read: How to get clear and glowing skin Instantly
Honey is considered to be a natural antiseptic agent which can help heal cracked heels. The soothing properties of honey also help at revitalizing the skin. Furthermore, the moisturizing and antibacterial properties of honey, make it an excellent treatment for dry and cracked heels.
- Fill a foot bowl with warm water.
- Add one cup of honey to this warm water and stir well.
- Soak your feet in the water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later, scrub your feet gently for another 5 minutes.
- Doing this daily or several times a week will help heal dry cracked feet.
4. Rice Flour
Rice flour can be used to prepare a homemade exfoliating scrub to heal your dry, cracked feet naturally. Exfoliating the skin around the cracked heels and feet will help to remove dead skin, which in turn prevent cracking and dryness.
It is also very effective at purifying and remineralizing the skin, which in turn, support making the skin satin smooth and soft.
How to make an exfoliating scrub
- Take a handful of ground rice.
- Mix it with few teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir until it becomes a thick paste.
- You may add a tablespoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil to enhance the effectiveness.
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then gently scrub them with the prepared rice flour paste.
- Repeat the process couple of times a week, until you notice changes in the cracked heels.
Also read: How to clear clogged pores on face naturally
5. Vegetable Oil
There are a wide variety of vegetable oils which can be used to heal dry cracked feet. Most effective ones are olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil or any other hydrogenated vegetable oils. The fats in the hydrogenated vegetable oil contain fat which helps to nourish the skin and heal cracked feet.
- Soak your feet in water for a couple of minutes.
- Scrub off the thick part of feet with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply any vegetable oil on your heels and soles.
- Gently massage for 5 minutes so that oils get absorbed into the skin.
- Later, put on a pair of clean socks, and leave them on overnight while you sleep.
- Leaving it overnight will give ample time for the oil to penetrate into your skin fully.
- In the morning, you will notice heels have become noticeably softer.
- Repeat this for a few days until the cracks in your heels are gone completely.
You may also apply any of the recommended oils on your skin during the day times. However, for best results, use this remedy before going to bed.
Lemon is an ingredient which has been used in a majority of homemade beauty regimen. It is well known for its acidic property, which all alone makes it very useful in softening rough skin patches that leads to cracking of feet.
- In a foot bowl fill warm water and add the juice of 2 lemons to this.
- Soak your feet in this warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later, using a pumice stone gently scrub your cracked heels.
- Wash off your feet and pat dry with a dry towel.
- Apply any moisturizer to avoid any chances of drying.
- Take note, not to use boiling water; this can cause your feet to dry out further.
- Repeat this for few days until you notice your heels becoming soft comparatively.
So, now that you know how to heal dry cracked feet naturally. Do try any of these remedies to get the result.