The word ‘asthma’ originated from a greek word ‘azein’ which means breath hard or tough. It is a health condition in which a person’s airways become narrow, swell or produce extra mucus, this results in difficulties for the person to breath properly. In this article, you can read about 3 effective ways on how to treat asthma naturally.
About 50% of the peoples with asthma caused by allergies. The allergens which cause asthma are dust particles, animal hair, feathers of birds, change in climate, perfumes and certain kinds of food. Those who are having asthma are prone to get affected by these kinds of allergens much faster. Recent studies show that psychological conditions like mental pressure can make the asthma patients conditions worse.
3 Tips on how to treat Asthma naturally?
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices on earth. It is loaded with lots of nutrients and minerals that give great health benefits for your body. And for this same reasons, it has become an important ingredient for preparing lots of home remedies. Let see how ginger can be benefiting as a home remedy for asthma:
- Cut ginger into small pieces.
- Boil them in a half pot of water for about 15 minutes.
- Let the boiled residue cool off until it reaches a mild temperature.
- Drink the water before it cools down completely.
2. Dried Fig
Figs are a highly nutritious fruit which is yellow-green or purple in color. Fresh figs may not be available round the year, but dry figs are easily available in the markets as well we could order some online. Figs provide amazing health benefits like improves digestion, helps to lose weight, prevents hypertension, lower the risks of stroke, prevent cancer, lower diabetics and improve sexual health.
Apart from the scientific medical benefits, figs are also being used for traditional use, mostly used as a home remedy. Let’s see how can we use figs for treating asthma.
- Take 3 or 4 dried figs. And clean it with hot water for about 15 minutes.
This will remove all such dirt, germs or small insects within the figs.
- After cleaning, add a little mild hot water just enough to soak the figs.
- Leave it overnight.
- Drink this residue along with the figs soaked in it.
- Do this once in two or three days for best results.
Mustard oil has been used for centuries as an effective medicine as well as a food additive. This oil is great beneficiaries for skin and can be seen it is used in aromatherapy treatments as well.
Though it has high medicinal properties it is advised to have tested on your skin before application, since some kinds of skins are allergic to use of mustard oil. Here you could find its medicinal value in the treatment of asthma.
- Heat some mustard oil.
- After oil gets cool down to a mild temperature. Gently massage the heated oil onto your chest and upper back area.
- Continue massaging for about 13 to 20 minutes. And rest in the same place for about half an hour.
- Performing this one a week will be very effective to reduce the intensity of Asthma.
These are just 3 handpicked and most effective way on how to treat asthma naturally, rather than going after remedies for asthma why don’t we take initiative for preventing it?
Here are few natural prevention methods for asthma, it’s not expensive methods, you could just do it with little changes in the daily routine.
- Also read 7 Fever Home Remedies you should know
Few prevention methods for asthma
Stay away from allergens which cause asthma is the foremost important thing to do for preventing asthma. Avoid contacts with animals, avoid eating foods like chocolates, cool drinks, and other fast foods which may increase the intensity of asthma. Also, avoid foods which contain Ajinomoto.
If you are an asthma patient for long, don’t miss your medicines. Use the inhalers at the proper time prescribed by your doctor. And always wear a mask while going to pollution-prone areas, this will prevent dust particles from entering your respiratory systems.