The natural way to clear acne is getting trendy nowadays, This trend has increased as a result of adverse side effects from several medicines, creams, and hormones available in the market for treating acne. In this article, we are sharing 10 most natural way to clear acne without any side effects.
Acne starts with excess oil production linked to hormonal activity. When there is an imbalance between water and oil secretion such as excess sebum, skin follicles can get clogged instead of allowing the flow to reach the surface of the skin.
Blackheads are blocked follicles as the sebum oxidizes and appears black or forms a whitehead if it remains blocked.
10 most natural way to clear acne without side effects
Lemon juice is an affordable and topmost natural way to clear acne. It contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which fight acne-causing bacteria.
Lemon juice can be used in many ways for treating acne.
- Before going to bed wash your face with lukewarm water, Using anti-bacterial soap is effective.
- Apply fresh lemon juice to the pimples affected area and leave it overnight.
- Rinse the face with cool water the next morning.
- Wipe dry with a towel.
- repeat this for a week for best result
Ice alone can be used as natural ingredients that heal and prevent acne. It has the ability to diminish the size of skin pores by constricting the blood vessels underneath the skin.
- Wash your face with mild cleanser and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Gently massage your face with ice cubes in circular motion
- Once the entire ice is melted off, pat dry the skin
- Apply acne creams containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide
- Repeat this daily before going to bed
Garlic has plenty of health benefits. For acne treatment, it’s antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic properties are best. It can be used externally and internally to treat and prevent acne
- Crush 3-4 garlic cloves and extract its juice.
- Take the garlic extract in a small bowl.
- Soak a cotton ball in the garlic extract.
- Gently apply on the acne affected area. (keep away from eyes)
- Leave it for about 15 minutes until it dries up completely.
- Rinse it off with bit warm water.
- Repeat the process for about 1 month for the best result.
Seems strange but if you want to get rid of acne overnight this simple home remedy is very effective. Though it can’t be categorized as a topmost natural way to clear acne, it doesn’t have adverse side effects.
Toothpaste sucks out impurities like dirt, grime, and excess sebum out of the skin. Certain toothpaste contains menthol or alcohol which can dry up pimples and acne.
- Clean the face with a facial cleanser and pat dry the surface.
- Apply a small dot of tooth past over the acne, Avoid the skin area.
- Keep it overnight.
- Repeat this remedy on severe acne breakouts.
Note: Don’t use this treatment if your skin is extra sensitive.
Facial steaming can offer big benefits to common mild acne problems.
The biggest plus is that the skin could end up clearer. That’s because the moisture softens the surface layer of dead skin cells.
The warm humidity from steaming also helps to increase perspiration and stimulate blood circulation.
Steaming your face seems a simple thing to do. But if it’s done wrong it will leave severe remarks on the skin. Follow the safe directions.
- Wash your face to ensure that your pores are free from any impurities like built-up dirt or makeup blocking the way.
- Heat the water with a mild temperature (Optimum temperature is 45-degree Celsius)
- Slowly get your face closer to the steam to a comfortable position.
Getting much closer to the steam will cause burns.
Note: Exposing your skin to the heat for much longer or more often can actually dry your skin out. The steaming works best if it’s followed up by a light exfoliation and then a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
Also read: 7 Fever Home Remedies you should know
Orange peel is a best and most natural way to clear acne. The mild bleaching property of oranges helps to reduce skin pigmentation. Oranges are a rich source of vitamin C, And it also contains anti-aging ingredients which altogether makes it a best natural treatment for acne.
Direction for use
- Dry orange peels in shade.
- Make a fine powder of dried peels in a mixer grinder.
- Mix the orange peel powder with a small quantity of water to make a paste.
- Take a mild brush and paste a thin layer of orange peel mixture onto the face. Take care to leave the eye area.
- Leave it to dry out for 1 hour and wash with lukewarm water.
- Regular application of orange peel will cure the acne problem completely.
7. Don’t touch your face so often
Touch your face is not a big crime or sin. But doing so has the worst side too.
Our hands are exposed to numerous kinds of invisible impurities like Bacteria, viruses, and allergens. While you touch your face these microbes transfer from fingertips to the skin leading to infection.
Also, repeatedly rubbing the skin can cause the same damage.
If your skin is acne prone absolutely face-touching can lead to breakouts and other conditions. Picking on the skin, squeezing, and scratching off will definitely make your acne worse. When you pop or pick on an acne, you’re creating more inflammation and damaging the skin. It will lead to spreading the bacterias to burst out and spread.
The least but the best thing you could do to get rid of acne is to leave it untouched.
Tea Tree oil when applied to the skin it destroys the skin-dwelling bacteria that cause acne.
Also, it contains terpinen-4-ol that is responsible for its antimicrobial activity. Its antiseptic and antifungal properties help to prevent acne formation.
- Wash face with any antibacterial soaps.
- Dip a cotton ball in tea tree oil and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for about 3 – 4 hours before washing away.
- Repeat regularly for the best result.
Poor diet habit is one among the many factors that contribute to acne. Along with eating clean and avoiding acne triggers, a good skin care routine is vital to maintaining a clear complexion. To be safe always ensure you’re eating whole and healthy foods year round.
5 foods to include in the diet for preventing acne
- Nuts: Most nuts contain useful minerals like vitamins, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, calcium, and iron, which are all essential for healthy skin.
- Avocado: This green fruit rich in vitamin E can increase your skin’s vitality. Also, it reduces skin inflammation and naturally moisturizes the skin.
- Red Grapes: This fruit and seed contain powerful natural chemicals and antioxidants, Also including Red Grapes in the diet will help to treat inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Fennel: Fennel is the perfect natural skin cleanser. This root vegetable will improve digestion and helps to flush out excess fluids and toxins from the skin.
- Broccoli: It is rich in minerals like vitamins A, C, E, B-complex, and K. These minerals help much to improve the skin health.
10. Regular washing
Washing your face seems pretty simple, powerful and most natural way to clear acne. Well, if you’re wondering how often you should wash your face, consider doing this. A regular face wash to get rid of the everyday grime like makeups and environmental absorbents are important, but still overwashing has adverse effects too.
- Use luke warm water to wash your face.
- Make sure you wash away all the traces of your cleanser, scrubs or any moisturizing creams if applied.
- Pat your face dry using a towel but don’t rub your face so often. This can form wrinkles and irritate your skin.
- For a smooth appearance apply a skin toner.
Regular washing your skin can drastically reduce the future formation of acne.
Well since you have read the topmost natural way to clear acne, We highly recommend that you practicing anyone among the above mentioned. It will definitely make a result. Give it a try, At least it won’t cause any side effects.