The prostate gland is a medium size bean shaped muscular gland present along the front wall of the pelvis. It is an important gland which plays an important role in the male reproductive system. Hence ensuring its proper functioning is also important. For achieving this, we will show you 5 natural remedies For enlarged prostate gland.
The prostate gland surrounds the urethra which is just below the urinary bladder and the main function of the prostate gland is to secrete a fluid to the semen that preserves and nourishes sperm, also allowing better sperm mobility.
Enlarged prostate which is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), It is a disorder that generally affects men who are 50 years of age or older. Some people confuse this disease with prostate cancer. You should be aware that, benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate is not the same as prostate cancer.
Although the exact cause of the disorder is unknown, it is assumed that with age the cells of prostate gland begin to multiply, leading to an enlarged prostate. In addition, changes in sex hormones of a male with age may also be a disease-causing factor.
Sign and symptoms of enlarged prostate
Some men don’t experience any symptoms prior to BPH, and there are cases where men undergo severer symptoms which may even interfere with their day to day routine.
- Also Read: How to make viagra at home for men
Some of the symptoms of enlarged prostate or BPH are:
- Urge to urinate frequently.
- Urinating so often at night.
- Difficulty in starting to urinate.
- Noticing weak urine stream.
- Urine keeps on dripping.
- Feeling of bladder not getting emptied after urinating.
And even after noticing these symptoms, if it is left untreated an enlarged prostate can block the flow of urine out of the bladder, which may lead to other kinds of complications like urinary retention, urinary tract infection, bladder stones, and kidney damage.
Several treatments are available for enlarged prostate, which includes medications, therapies, and surgery. In addition, certain natural home remedies and changes in the lifestyle can also help to ease the symptoms. So let’s see some of the effective natural remedies for enlarged prostate gland.
5 Natural Remedies for Enlarged Prostate Gland
1. Stinging Nettle
Stinging nettle, scientifically known as Urtica dioica. Nettle root extract can significantly lessen the symptoms of prostate enlargement. Nettle root is rich in fatty acids and plant sterols. A type of coumarin called scopoletin, which is a natural blood thinning substance is found in nettle root, along with beneficial triterpenes, choline, and serotonin. Which is advantageous for curing the disorder. And research does support its effectiveness in reducing prostate enlargement.
Try the follow directions
- Take a handful of nettle leaves in a bowl.
- Add enough water to soak the leaves.
- Boil them for about 10 minutes.
- Then strain it, to get the stinging nettle extract tea.
- Drink this tea 2 or 3 times daily.
- Alternatively, You can also take a stinging nettle supplements. Make sure you, always consult a doctor before taking any supplements, to get the correct dosage and right supplement for your condition.
2. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is a fan-shaped plant native to North America. Scientifically known as Serenoa repens and Sabal serrulate. The extract from the berries of the saw palmetto is a gold standard for herbal treatment of prostate enlargement (BPH).
The berries of saw palmetto are highly rich in fatty acids, flavonoids, plant sterols like beta-sitosterol which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and polysaccharides.
The therapeutic effects of saw palmetto berries are very effective for easing the symptoms of prostate enlargement (BPH). In addition, it is also used to treat male urinary tract problems.
Pygeum is a herb which is derived from the bark of a special evergreen tree called Prunus Africana. This herb is mostly grown in the mountainous regions of Sub Saharan Africa. Since the 1700s it is well known among the natives of southern Africa for supporting the health issues of the bladder and urinary tract.
In the modern era, Pygeum has been proved for its beneficiaries in treating symptoms of enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and prostate cancer. In addition, It is also used for preventing inflammation, kidney disease, urinary problems, malaria, stomachache, fever, and for boosting sexual desire.
Researchers have identified a few key phytochemical constituents including phytosterols, triterpenes, and ferulic esters, just to name a few inherent to Pygeum, these are believed to produce a majority of its therapeutic benefits. Oral consumption of pygeum can reduce symptoms of Prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia) such as low urine flow.
4. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seed is another healthy ingredient which helps to shrink the size of an enlarged prostate. For achieving this they contain protective compounds called phytosterols. The diuretic properties contained in the seed helps to boost urine flow.
Men with an enlarged prostate are usually seen to have the zinc deficiency, Pumpkin seeds are supposed to be rich in zinc. And the omega-3 fatty acids contained in the seed also aid in the proper functioning of the prostate.
Try the follow directions
- For preventing enlarged prostate medical doctors suggest eating handful or equivalent to 1 ounce of shelled pumpkin seeds at least three times a week.
- Alternatively, Take a handful of crushed fresh pumpkin seeds in a bowl. Add a little water to this, and boil for about 15 minutes. Allow it to cool. Strain and drink this cup of tea. We recommend that you have this tea few times a week.
5. Kegel Exercises
Regular exercise can help you to attain and maintain an ideal health. Especially, it will help boost your prostate health. Kegel exercise is designed to strengthen the muscles of your pelvic floor.
Kegal exercises are often recommended for women, especially after childbirth.
Now, You might think the kegel exercise is only meant for women. But these exercises will help to strengthen, tighten and clench specific muscles in the pelvic area of both men and women to help control urination.
Kegel exercises can be done at almost any time according to your preferences. Also, they don’t require any special equipment But it may take some practice and concentration to perform the exercise in the right way.
Try follow directions
- Clench your bladder, Like you do when trying to stop the flow of urine, Hold on like that for about 5 seconds. Do this 10 to 20 sets per day. This will help to strengthen, the pelvic floor muscles used to stop the urine flow.
- Alternatively, squeeze the muscles in your anus, then relax your pelvic floor muscles. Do it 10 to 20 times at once, repeating few times a day.