2. Coffee Grounds
Coffee grounds can be used as a trap to attract cockroaches, and eventually, get rid of them. The acidity in ground coffee will kill them if ingested. Furthermore, grounds coffee contains a chemical compound called caffeine.
Studies show that part of caffeine’s makeup is actually toxic to roaches, which is enough to kill them almost nearly.
When using coffee to fight against roaches, make sure to focus on places where they come in and out of the kitchen. This will help keeps your whole house from smelling like old coffee.
- Fill a few glass jars with water.
- Put wet coffee grounds in small paper cups and place them inside the jars.
- Put the jars against walls or baseboards, or any other place where you see roaches.
- The roaches are attracted to the aroma of the coffee grounds, and enter the jar, from which they can’t escape.
- The next morning, dump the contents of the jars.
- And repeat the process for a few days.