Neem has multiple household benefits, which is why it has a special place in most Indian homes. Neem oil or its powder contains highly volatile components that act as insect deterrents. Plus, it is less toxic to non-target organisms and economically cheaper than chemical repellents.
You can also use other effective plants like turmeric, clove, sage, and Chinese chaste tree to repel cockroaches.
- Put 1 tablespoon of neem oil in a regular-sized spray bottle, and fill it with water.
- At night, spray this solution in the affected areas.
- Alternatively, sprinkle neem powder around the affected areas before going to bed.
- Repeat either of these methods as needed.
- Doing this will not only get rid of roaches but also other pests like flies, ants, mosquitoes, etc.