How to stop thinning hair naturally? There are lots of people who actually have very thin hair, and are hoping to find a solution to the problem. We will help you out. All you need to do is read this article and follow them in your daily routine.
Hair loss is a lot more common than most people would think and it most often starts with hair thinning. You suddenly notice a lot more hair on your comb or towel, and while initially, you might dismiss it as normal hair loss, later you start noticing that your scalp is becoming a lot more visible.
These are the first signs of hair thinning and the moment you start seeing them, it is important that you take the steps necessary to put a full stop.
Most Common Cause Of Hair Thinning
In order for you to stop hair thinning and enjoy more voluminous hair, it is important that you figure out the reason that could be leading to your hair problem. Some of the most common problems that can lead to hair thinning include:
- Bad hair habits:
If you are brushing your hair wrong, if you are washing it with very hot water, if you are drying your hair vigorously, you are making your hair weaker, which would eventually lead to breakage and thinning.
- Too much chemical usage:
The occasional hair coloring or smoothening procedure is fine, but if you are making a regular habit of such chemical procedures, you are inviting trouble for your hair.
- Improper diet:
What you put on your body is just as important as what you in it. If you are not eating right, then you can be sure that the lack of nutrition will be visible on your hair too.
- Medical conditions:
There are certain medical conditions, such as cancer and thyroid, that can lead to hair loss and hair thinning. However, in these cases, once the medical condition is out of the picture, the hair should grow back.
For people who have high-stress jobs or are under conditions where their minds or bodies are constantly under stress can face a lot of hair loss.
Myths About Hair Loss
There are also plenty of myths that come with hair loss and it is essential that you segregate fact from fiction. Here are some of the most common myths associated with hair loss and hair thinning:
- Will everyday washing make you lose hair?
While washing hair every day could strip away the natural oils of your hair, there is no evidence supporting the myth that washing hair every day can lead to hair loss.
- Will Coloring the hair make you bald?
Excess of anything is not good and it the same case with chemical treatments and hair colors. As long as you sticking with good quality products and the procedure is being done by a professional, there is nothing wrong in coloring or treating your hair.
- Will too much of brushing make you bald?
Absolutely not! Unless you are brushing your hair so hard that it breaks completely, there is no truth to this myth. But if you brush you when it is wet, then you are inviting trouble.
Also read: 10 Best Shampoo For Hair Fall Control
How To Stop Thinning Hair Naturally
Let’s have a look at few natural tips to stop hair thinning.
These simple things that you can do, will make sure that your hair is healthy and strong.
- Wash your hair once in three days, unless they are really dirty. And every time you wash them, make sure that you use a mild shampoo that is meant for your hair type.
- Treat your hair to regular oil massages, using natural oils such as coconut or olive, because these will nourish and hydrate your hair from within, making them stronger.
- Never wash your hair with very hot water, because it will strip the hair of natural oils, making them dry and weak. Choose room temperature or at the most, warm water to wash your hair.
- Brushing your hair when it is wet is also not recommended, because when wet, your hair is a lot weaker. If your hair feels tangled, use your fingers to untangle them and when slightly dry, you can also use a wide toothed comb to brush your hair.
- Keep the hair dryer for special occasions. On all other occasions let your hair dry naturally.
- Smoking and too much alcohol are not good for your hair, which is why you should avoid them.
- There are plenty of home remedies to nourish and strengthen your hair, including rubbing some garlic, ginger or onion juice onto your scalp. You may also wash your hair with green tea to make it stronger and hydrated.
- Too much stress or the lack of activity can also lead to hair loss and thinning. Try to add some form of activity into your life, in the form of exercise or a sport. This will help reduce stress and balance out your hormone levels.
- If you are constantly tying your hair in a tight manner, you could be weakening your hair, which is why you might want to reconsider your hairstyle.
- Parallel to all these, you need to make sure that you live healthily. Your hair shows how healthy you are. If you don’t exercise, eats a lot of junk food, lead a stressful and sedentary life, all those unhealthy routines will make your hair a lot less healthy. On the contrary, following a healthy lifestyle and routine will naturally make your hair healthy and strong.
Best Foods To Eat To Prevent Thinning Of Hair
And then, of course, there is the matter of your diet; as long as you are not eating foods that will nourish and nurture your hair from within, there is no way you can enjoy a head full of healthy hair. Here are some of the best foods to stop hair thinning.
- Green leafy vegetables
Almost the entire category of leafy vegetables, particularly the dark green variety, such as spinach, kale, and Swiss chard are known to be great sources of iron, making them a good choice for healthy hair.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, making them not only a great choice for your skin, but also your hair. The vitamin A in the carrots will provide natural conditioning from within the body.
Vitamin C can help your hair from becoming brittle and what most people do not
know is that guavas have more vitamin C than oranges. Guavas can also increase the collagen activity in the body, allowing for greater hair growth.
- Eggs and dairy
Whether you are drinking an extra glass of milk, adding a little extra cheese to your toast or gorging down on eggs, as long as you are including eggs and dairy products in your diet, you can be assured that you will have better hair.
Chicken is a great source of protein and because your hair is made up of protein, chicken is naturally a great friend for your hair. However, if you are a vegetarian, then you could look at tofu, paneer or peanuts for hair health.
- Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds have long been accepted as small packets of energy and nutrition. When it comes to wanting healthy hair, you need to include walnuts and flaxseeds in your regular diet. With an added dose of biotin, omega 3 fatty acids, B vitamins and vitamin E, you will be able to see an improvement in your hair.
- Lentils and barley
While lentils are filled with iron, zinc, protein and biotin, barley is a rich source of vitamin E, iron and copper. Increasing the quantity of these in your regular diet can ensure better hair growth and reduced hair loss.
Understanding the cause of hair loss and hair thinning is the first step to tackling it and then making the required changes in your lifestyle should show you the improvements you want to see.
So, now that you know how to stop thinning hair naturally, do try and implement them in your daily routine. Following them regularly will help to cure hair thinning and eventually make your hair strong and healthy.