Cold and fever are the commonest sicknesses that most of us suffer from. And it cannot be considered as a disease if the temperature is not more than 40ºC (104ºF). And if it goes beyond this temperature, fever can be dangerous and need treatment, especially for childs. It’s always recommended to consult a doctor if you are having such high temperature. However, there are alternate traditional ayurvedic home remedies for cold and fever, which is also very effective.
In this article, let see how to treat the common cold and fever, with these four traditional ayurvedic home remedies. Maybe it could save some you money on medicines.
- Also read about Traditional medication for food poisoning
4 traditional Ayurvedic home remedies for cold and fever
The extract from the eucalyptus tree has a number of health benefits including its remarkable effect in curing a common cold and cough. Especially the essential oil of eucalyptus is best in that sense.
It is very effective in cleansing your body from toxins and harmful microorganisms that make you sick, Let’s see how to use eucalyptus for treatment.
- Boil 2 to 3 liters of water.
- Add eucalyptus oil extract into the boiling water.
- And take its steam for about few minutes.
- This will unclog the mucus in the bronchus and nose. And can help in nasal congestion too.
2. Beetle leaf extract
Despite from using this leaf in prayers religious ceremonies and eating in the form of pan. Betel leaves contain many curative and healing health benefits. Let see how it can be beneficial for curing cold and fever.
- Make a juice extract out of the beetle leaf.
- Add 2 tablespoon of honey to this beetle leaf extract.
- Mix them well and have it twice daily.
Ginger has a very long historic presence for its use in various forms of traditional medicine, including Ayurveda. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that can give powerful benefits for your health, especially for common cold and throat problems.
Finely minced ginger mixed with little honey is a good remedy for severe cough. This herbal drink will give quick relief from cold and cough.
- Also read about Health benefits of taking ginger regularly
4. Onion and jaggery
Even though onions may bring tears, from your eyes. They are great when it comes to natural cure, for common cold or cough.
let see how onion and jaggery can be used for curing fever and cold.
- Take a quarter of a fresh onion.
- Chew it with a piece of jaggery.
It can help to relieve the chest congestion and helps to remove the sputum easily.
Thus making it an effective cure for cough and throat infection.
So, these are the 4 traditional ayurvedic home remedies for cold and fever. Try it at home.