Its a dream of every girl to have a soft and red lip. And you might be wondering how to make your lips red naturally without lipstick, Well you can, try the 7 natural methods in this articles. And by the end of reading it, you’ll find it very useful for how to get red lips without lipstick and you might want to try those for sure.
Sometimes bad weather, the habit of smoking, consuming alcohol and trying on different cosmetics tend to make the skin look pale, dry and unhealthy. If you really want red lips naturally without the mess, start by conditioning your lips with these most effective methods.
How to make your lips red naturally without lipstick
1. Mixture of Sugar, lemon, And Honey
Lemon & honey is to treat dark skin patches and spots. It can also be used to naturally lighten dark lips. The bleaching property in lemon works well to reduce dark color lips.
Sugar is best for exfoliating your lips. This will remove dead skin cells from the skin. The mixture of sugar, Lemon and honey could make great changes to you dull and dark lips.
- Mix sugar, honey, and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to your lips before adding adequate amount of milk to make it fine enough going to bed
- Leave it for the night and wash after you wake up
- Repeat this for about 1 month to see the best result
Note: Avoid applying to cracks on the lips. If applied to cracks it will cause irritations.
The lemon content in the mixture will lighten your skin. So Recommend not to overdo.
2. Natural Moisturizers
It is essential to keep your lips moisturized for maintaining your lips red color naturally without lipstick.
Lips appear pale and dull If they are kept dry. Use a good natural lip balm is good to ensure your lips never dry out. Follow this method to make your own lip balm moisturizer. This method is an effective red lips skin tone.
- Melt 1 tablespoon beeswax (a natural wax produced by honey bees) with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add a few drops of your essential oil like peppermint or castor oil into the mixture.
- Stir well until it becomes a paste.
- Pour the mixture into a small balm container and leave it to harden before use.
- Apply this balm every morning daily for best result.
3. Use a toothbrush to brush your lips
You might try brushing your lips with a soft-bristled toothbrush. This will help to remove the dead skins from your lips. And makes your lip look naturally red and ever glowing.
- Apply a bit of lip balm or Vaseline to your toothbrush
- Brush your lips gently, Don’t be rough on your lips.
Recommend to use a separate brush for using on your lips. And maintain the hygiene with regular cleaning.
Also read 10 natural way to clear acne
4. Beetroot slice
Beetroots are one of the most inexpensive ways to get red lips naturally. The red color of the beetroot comes from the pigment called betalain. The coloring pigment in beetroot acts as an antioxidant. And the anti-inflammatory property helps lighten the dark pigmentation of your lips. The staining power of beet gives your lips a natural reddish pink color.
- Cut a fresh beet into narrow slices, making sure the interior flesh is bright red.
- Rub the slice onto the lips. As you go squeeze it to release the juice And Leave it to dry up.
- Once it is completely dried apply more layers to get a deeper red complexation.
Note: Canned beets can also be used. The pigment won’t be as strong as raw beetroot.
Pomegranate scrub is ideal for gaining red lips naturally. Also, it is very effective for dehydrated lips and helps to restore your lips red color naturally without using lipstick.
- Take a little of crushed pomegranate seeds in a bowl.
- Add adequate amount of water to the crushed pomegranate to make a paste.
- Apply this paste onto your lips and gently scrub for a few minutes.
- Leave until it dries out, which takes about less than an hour
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- For maximum result repeat this once daily for a month.
6. Drink Plenty Of Water
Everyone knows that drinking a substantial amount of water per day is very important for a healthy lifestyle. The water content in our body does affect our skin health. Your lips will look dry and pale if your body is going dehydrated.
- Starting your day with a full glass of water will be good to make you hydrated.
- And take care to stay hydrated throughout the day by drinking at least 2 liters of water a day.
- If you are having beverages like coffee, soda or alcohol. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Those beverages can dry out your lips.
- Also avoid salty and spicy foods, since they can dry out and crack your lips.
It’s a fact that smoking is harmful to our overall health. One among the drastic harmful effects of smoking is the noticeable darkening of lips and skin around the mouth. This is caused due to the rich presence of tobacco and tar in cigarettes.
- Tar can stain your lips, teeth, and gums.
- Which gives your lips a late blackish-blue texture.
- Also, the heat generated from the smoke we inhale is another reason for dark lips.
- The heat of the smoke will affect the amount of melanin released to the lips area.
- Melanin is a pigment which gives color to skin, hair, and eyes in the human body.
- The best way to get back the true color of your lips is “Stop Smoking”.
Now you have read the 7 natural methods for how to make your lips red naturally without lipstick, you should definitely try those at home and feel the difference.