If you have this question in your mind, then you are not alone. Many people see those under-eye bags right when they wake up from their bed. This puffy eye would be enough and more to ruin your entire day. Well don’t worry, we got the fix for it.
Bags under your eyes, popularly known as puffy eyes is an ordinary swelling around the eyes. This happens mainly due to the excessive accumulation of fluids called edema, in the surrounding skin tissue. And since the skin around the eyes is quite thin compared to the skin of rest of the body, swelling and discoloration can be quite noticeable.
Puffy eyes can be really frustrating, and it is one of the most common beauty problems many face. Hence many of us might be thinking how to fix it. Well, Don’t worry, we will show you how to get rid of bags under your eyes. Just keep reading.
Causes Of Under Eye Puffiness
Our under eyes starts to swell or show puffiness due to various reasons like:
- Allergies leading to inflammation and swelling
- Excess salt consumption, which causes fluid retention
- Physical stress
- Fatigue and sleep disorder
- Excessive crying
- Genetic disorder
- Sinus problems
- Hormonal changes in the body
- Inherited facial features
- Changes in the weather
Whatever may be the cause, a puffy eye can make you look tired and ill. But you can easily take care of them with the use of some simple and natural home remedies. To know how to get rid of bags under your eyes either you may watch the video or skip to read more.
5 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Bags Under Your Eyes
There are many ways to help reduce puffiness around your eyes. These range from simple methods like drinking more water to cosmetic methods like surgery. Since we are talking about simple and natural methods, let’s get straight into it
Drinking enough water might be the easiest way to get rid of bags under your eyes. When you drink enough water, you keep the body well hydrated. This, in turn, reduces the chance of water retention in the body, which causes swelling of your under-eye areas.
In addition, water also helps to flush out toxins from the body.
To make sure that your body is getting enough water for staying hydrated, drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. In addition, you must reduce the amount of salt you eat, this will help to reduce water retention in the body.
To avoid missing out on water intake, set a periodical reminder (between a couple of hours) on your phone. Also, you may use a refillable water bottle which is marked with specific times. This will remind you to drink enough water throughout the day.
Potatoes are quite effective to get rid of bags under your eyes. The starch content in potatoes possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce under-eye bags. Using potatoes are also quite helpful to get rid of dark underarms.
- Take a medium-sized potato.
- Peel off the skin and wash it well.
- Grate this peeled potato.
- Put the shavings in a clean cloth and tie it up.
- Place this cloth over your eyelids for several minutes.
- Repeat this process several times, and soon you will notice the puffiness subsiding.
3. Tea Bags
Teabags of both green tea and black tea can help to get rid of bags under your eyes. They contain anti-irritant properties which help reduce swelling around the eyes.
Caffeinated tea contains natural tannin which is a mild diuretic. It has been long used by grandmothers and models for reducing eye puffiness, relieve redness and inflammation.
- Take two tea bags and soak it in warm water.
- Then chill these bags in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Later place these tea bags on each eyelid for 5 to 10 minutes, soon your eyes will feel fresh.
- Do two or three times a day, and repeat daily until the puffiness subsides.
Chilled cucumber is yet another natural remedy to get rid of under-eye puffiness. The enzymes and the astringent properties in cucumbers help to reduce inflammation and tighten the skin.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices.
- Chill them in a refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Place the chilled cucumber slices on your eyelids for about 10-15 minutes.
- You may also take a short nap or keep the cucumber slice on your eyelids until it becomes warm.
- Repeat this couple of times a day for best results.
Doing this will help to refresh your eyes as well as your mind. The anti-inflammatory properties of the cool cucumber are very effective at reducing puffy tissues of the eye.
5. Egg Whites
The skin tightening properties of egg white is very effective at banishing under-eye bags, as well as it helps prevent wrinkles. This in turn will result in making the area around the eye feel tighter and look less puffy.
Stiffly beat a few egg whites and apply them around your eyes with a brush. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse your face in cold water.
- Take two eggs and separate the yolks from them.
- Put the whites in a bowl and whip them thoroughly until you get a stiff consistency.
- You may add a few drops of witch hazel, which is a natural skin-tightening astringent.
- Using a brush or soft cloth, apply this mixture around your eyes.
- Leave it to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Do this daily for about few days.
Now that you know 5 different natural ways on how to get rid of bags under your eyes. Do try any of them to experience the difference.